The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday 29 June 2009

I've finally cracked Aguilon Golf Course!

We've been playing golf at Aguilon for 12 months now and it's a tough course. Loads of ravines, loads and loads of bunkers and water in all the wrong places.

When we first started playing everyone told us we needed to add 4 to our UK handicaps to allow for the element fo difficulty. Neil & I chose to continue to play from our UK handicap and allow our play to amend it. I started on a handicap of 28 and on a good day would score 15-18 points.

Over the year my handicap has increased to 30 but I have improved enough to start scoring in the low 30's - my best score before today was 35 and that was several months ago. I really wanted to finally score 36 - to feel that I had been able to play to my handicap at least once, but there always seemed to be 3 or 4 holes that beat me every time I played. Normally I would lose 2 or 3 balls into ravines or lakes but I have managed a couple of rounds recently where I finished with the same ball I started with - and that's no mean feat on our course. But I just couldn't score that magic 36 points.

UNTIL TODAY!

But, I didn't just beat my previous best - I smashed it!

40 points.
Yep, that's right
40 POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I scored points on every hole except the 18th, even on the difficult 14th where I don't normally even get to the green before running out of shots.



And my reward for such a fantastic round of golf? My handicap is back down to 28.
And I am well pleased.
There is a link to Aguilon Golf website in my links at the side.



1 comment:

Spanish Owner said...

Very well done. (I didn't understand a word you said, ha ha). My handicap is having golfers for friends !!! (Joking, of course).

It was the same with both my parents who were very much into bowling. Mum used to say they were going for a roll up. I'd comment later 'did you enjoy the bun up' (or cob up) & mum would be so irritated that I didn't take it seriously like they did, all far too much.

Bowling came 1st to them. We had to visit when bowling wasn't on the agenda that day & it often was.