The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Cadey, such a cutie!

It's almost a year since I saw Cadey, and as she's only 2 and a bit now - it was unlikely she would remember me, and so it was always going to be an interesting get together. To Cadey, I am Nanna-J who lives away.

As soon as she and her Dad came through the door it was obvious she hadn't a clue who I was.... and maybe I was a little scarely to her - certainly the look on her face suggested so. We'd met for something to eat and so after we had chosen from the menu I needed to go to the bar to order. Bearing in mind that Cadey had looked terrified of me since she arrived, imagine my surprise when she told her Dad she wanted to come with me!

She took my hand and we walked through the pub together and then when we got to the bar I picked her up. OK, there were no screams of fear, no tears and no frantic looking around for Dad - but all the same she did look scared to death - and the lady next to me commented to that effect. I hastily explained that I hadn't seen her for so long to try and avoid an incident whereby this lady thought I was making of with a child I was not entitled to.

Fortunately when we got back to the table one of the waitresses had brought a colouring sheet and crayons and Cadey, who is obviously an expert in such things, immediately got stuck in to colouring the dog green.

As dinner progressed she started to chat, ate well and eventually performed for the video camera so that I could bring back some video for Neil, she even blew her Grandad a big kiss.

She has changed enormously since I last saw her and is a really lovely little girl (but then I would say that, wouldn't I?) and after a final photo, she was off home to bed.





Not quite a smile for the camera, but a treasured photo just the same.

1 comment:

Spanish Owner said...

Do you have that effect on many, lol ?

She'll start to remember you more & more now especially when shown photos. Just bribe her (it works with dogs).