The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday 22 June 2009

Day 3 of trip - more travelling.

After a lovely meal out (all I seem to have done this trip is eat!) last night it was up early for the drive to Guildford Train Station. Andrew was going to have a coffee with me before I left but the price of the car park was outrageous, so we said a quick goodbye and off he went.

Now, Thursday was Ladies day at Ascot. I have no idea where Ascot is but I know half of Guildford were dressed in their finery and catching a train. I felt rather under-dressed but I bet I know who was more comfy on the journey.

I had to change at Waterloo and get the Underground across London, and everywhere was heaving with Ladies in hats and posh frocks - lots of them looked wonderful although I have to ask myself if some of them had actually looked in the mirror before leaving home (okay - claws are away again!) Anyway, I knew my Spanish friends would love a photo of ladies dressed for Ascot and I found 2 young ladies who were all dressed up to the nines (that will be an interesting expression to teach them - my Spanish friends, not the young ladies going to Ascot) so I asked if I could have a photo, explained why and they were delighted to pose - even switching sides so their hats didn't clash. Thanks you ladies, I hope it didn't rain on your picnic!





I won't bore you with the train journey to Sheffield other than to say there was a chap with a dog in the seat infront of me. This dog was a quiet little thing and just curled up in his bed under the seat and never moved the entire journey - what a little star!

I was met at the Station by Sue & Graham, more very good friends who I haven't seen since last summer - Oh, it's been a good trip for catching up with people. They'd also done a trip of a life time since I'd last seen them, so I could feel another evening if stories and photos - this time from Route 66, USA.

But first, time to see Cadey. How would a 2 year old react to someone they hadn't seen for a year? This could be fun!


No comments: