The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday 3 October 2009

Spiral staircase to the sky.

Outside we have a wrought iron, spiral staircase, which badly needs a new coat of Hammerite - bright white - my job. This leads up to the roof terrace.



But from here the views are stunning. As well as the sun loungers this will also house the huge Satellite dish for out TV.
We also have another room up here, which will make a great den.........

But needs a bit of work doing to it first, like a window, walls and a ceiling for starters!




But when it's done - what a view - not that I think we're going to have much time to sit and stare for a while. This will also be where I do my star gazing from. I'm hoping one day to be able to identify more than Orion's belt. After all, somewhere up there is a star named after my husband (one of those birthdays when I couldn't think of anything to get him so it was either a star or an adoptive Rhino).


High on the hill behind us is our nearest neighbour:


But all our hard work starts tomorrow at the back of the house. We have to dig a hole and find the waste pipe to the pozo. All being well Neil will be yielding a pick axe like a expert, and I'll be yielding the camera to record it!

Guess I have the easier job!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Exciting and beautiful!!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Jacqui!!! I love the new house and I am so glad you have taken all these photos of it. The views are spectacular! What an exciting time for you guys! Congratulations! LL