The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday 23 October 2009

More official bits.

Back up to Pulpí this morning to pick up our renewed Padron certificates. It seems we were right on our summation about Market Day because today the office was busy. I had to stand in a type of queue for over 40 minutes until it was my turn. Let me explain what I mean by a 'type of queue'. Here in Spain they don't form a queue as we know it, i.e. one person standing behind another and you just join the end. Oh no, that's too easy to work out. Here, they walk through the door, ask who is the last person and then wander off and stand anywhere. It's OK once you know how it works, but terribly confusing if you don't.

So, having left with my 2 new certificates I headed off for Aguilas to get certified copies of my Passport and Drivers Licence, another requirement when you are buying a car (well, it is here in Almeria, it could be different elsewhere - so if you're thinking of buying a 2nd hand car in Spain, ask what documents you need, I've been told by someone else that they needed their residencia!).

I called at our solicitor's office to pick up a copy of the Schedule of Works licence for the reformation of our house, which we are now being asked for in order for the office at Velez to (hopefully) find our house on their computer and sort out our Padron up there. I asked her where I needed to go to get the certified copies and she told me the Notary Office. There are 2 in Aguilas so I toottled off to the nearest one which she said would be the quickest to sort it and when I got there they told me the Notary was on holiday this week. So, I about turned and went to the other one where I was told they only do them on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays - not Fridays!

Guess where I'm going on Monday!

2 comments:

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

sounds very familiar! different documents, different countries, same problemos!!

Brindy said...

There's nothing we can do other than play the game, and try not to get stressed by it all.