The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday 17 October 2009

Let there be light!

One of our days out last week resulted in no cooker but a chance find of a lighting shop where we managed to choose all the light fittings for the whole house. This was what we had in each room.

A couple of days ago I received a phone call to say the lights were in the shop ready for us to collect (I'm getting quite good at taking phone calls in Spanish now - doing a house up is a really good way to improve your Spanish - but not a cheap way as, at the moment, every phone call seems to cost me hundreds of Euro's 'cos we then have to pay for whatever is ready for collection).

Anyway, we called for the lights yesterday and spent the day trying to fathom out how to construct all the fans. Today we got them all in place but not after a lot of work re-cabling so that the fans work independently of the lights - I'm now a whizz with cable-pullers and ducting- and before today I had no idea what they were!

I forgot my camera to day, but now you are able to enjoy the anticipation of seeing some photos tomorrow when we get back from the house.

1 comment:

Spanish Owner said...

I recognise that scenario, Jacqui !!