The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday 3 July 2009

Feeling sorry for myself today.

We've had Sophie overnight and after a peaceful night all the dogs were up early this morning, so I got up to take them all onto the Campo for a long walk before it got too hot.

Getting 3 dogs ready for a walk, getting them out of the door and through the gate is quite entertaining, especially when they all have extending leads - but I managed it and we headed up for the Campo, the entrance of which is literally a 2 minute walk. Once on the Campo I can let them all off their leads and they wander around together quite happily. It should be a stress free half an hour stroll around the Campo. Note those words - should be.....

I was happily strolling behind them all, enjoying the breeze that is coming in from the sea this morning when all of a sudden my foot slipped from under me and I fell heavily on my hands and knees, dog leads thrown in all directions and the next thing I know I have my two boys all over me trying to see if I am ok.

Now, I always struggle to get up from the floor because I cannot put any weight on my wrists. Normally I can manage it by getting on to my knees first - but both knees were incredibly sore from the fall and one had blood running from it and I was covered in brown dirt - front and back - so I sat there for some time wondering how an earth I was going to get back on my feet. It was too early in the morning for other dog walkers to be around and I was on the verge of ringing Neil to come and find me when I noticed a step in the path that I could shuffle down to and maybe get up from there.

It was a struggle, but I managed it and limped home with blood dripping from my knee and feeling very bruised and battered, but at least I had avoided the embarassment of other people watching me fall.

I have no idea what happened, I didn't trip, I definitely slipped somehow but I cannot blame the dogs as they were all off their leads and no where near me.

So, I am feeling very sorry for myself, but it was sweet how my boys came back to see if I was OK.

Not such a gentle stroll in the Campo after all.

3 comments:

Spanish Owner said...

Gosh Jacqui, I feel bad for not reading your latest post. I was saving it for later as I was busy with other things & also was commenting on your previous post.

You must've been so worried & very sore. I do hope that you are rested now & covered in Savlon as you have to be careful with cuts & bruises.

Get some Arnica gel on you to help the bruising, we use it a lot. 'SBC' Arnica gel in a 500ml or 250ml plastic bottle from QVC. I get Chris to massage my back with it when it aches.

Still sticky hot here. Just a sheet over us at night, unheard of usually.

(You weren't bedding in those new shoes I hope, were you ?)

Brindy said...

Thanks, my knee's a bit a painful and unsightly today - not the best look with shorts, but gets the sympathy vote and maybe the odd drink, but I don't think my legs going to drop off! Lucy said she was surprised how much of a wimp I am! But she made us a lovely dinner 'cos I'd had such a bad day - such a lovely friend.

Spanish Owner said...

I was telling Marion, my friend in Spain who fell in Alicante last November & broke her hip & is STILL in a wheelchair & sometimes on crutches if wheelchair accessibility isn't good, about the SBC (Simply Beautiful Cosmetics) brand of Arnica gel I buy.

I then researched where to buy it for the best value. (I keep a 500ml pump bottle in Spain & same in the UK.) Go to http://www.sbc-gels.co.uk/sbc-arnica-gel-1000ml.html £28.99 plus £3.99 P & P in the UK. That's very cheap