The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday 24 July 2009

44c or in old money 111F - now that's hot!


Yesterday was hot, but it just keeps on getting hotter. This was the temperature this afternoon in the sun at 1.00pm - 44.5c - I burnt the soles of me feet on the tiles by forgetting to put my sandals on before going out to take this photo - no wonder the dogs don't want to go out.
It's 33c in the shade so everyone is desperately trying to find some and the forecast is for this to continue all next week -
with a 10% chance of showers next Thursday -
oh, that would be so nice - we'll all be out in the street dancing in the rain.
I feel for my friends back home who have seen so much rain once again this year. but trust me - we would love some rain here at the moment.
Now, of course this heat makes you drink more - and my favourite soft drink is Fanta Orange. Little did I realise that it is 37% sugar and that that is 2000 calories per 2l bottle - oh, dear me - find me Fanta Zero, like NOW!!!

4 comments:

Spanish Owner said...

Well, as you realise, it's raining here again, unbelievable ! Mid week we were promised a sunny hot weekend, liars the lot of 'em !!

However, I've experienced Spain when it's hot & I don't care at all for it. Having said THAT, surely there's a happy medium !!

I've just caught between my toes on the castors on my bed & oh, the pain !! UNBELIEVABLE. I jumped so much my big toe nail on the affected foot sliced the back of my calf on my right leg causing it to bleed. I've smothered my toes with arnica gel but my foot's all puffed up &, if I tense, it is really bad.

I often do STUPID things like this. 'C' had said 'come look at the neighbour's cat watching the sparrows eat from the fat ball I hung from the tree' so I was going to look out of our bedroom window when I did it.

Ouch, it does narf hurt.

Brindy said...

Oh, poor you. It doesn't take a moment to hurt yourself and it takes days for it to stop hurting - feet up time!

Spanish Owner said...

Inbetween the toe toes affected it's black & blue now. At least it has given up hurting like hell. I never really gave the calf much thought & didn't put arnica gel on that & today it's bruised too.

I'm such a silly moo.

Brindy said...

You need a sun tan to cover up the bruising.