The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday 7 June 2008

Off to Pulpi - 3rd time

Wednesday, we found out, is market day in Pulpi, so parking was a nightmare, but it did mean when we had finished at the Town Hall we could have our first visit to a Spanish market. Neil was at golf so I had gone through with Jody & Cadey.

Once again, on arriving at the Town Hall we were lucky to find there was no queue. I asked for our empadriamento's - passed over our passports so they could check our names and the council official brought out this huge file of certificates - all I can imagine is that there are a lot of people that don't bother going in for them - they obviously don't have a car waiting for them to pick up.

After slowly flicking through the pile of certificates, he closed his file and got up - they weren't in there. While we waited I was listening to the radio that was on in the office and then the irony struck me - we were in an official Spanish building, with people working there who don't speak english - and they were listening to an english speaking radio channel - bizarre!

After about 10 minutes, he came back with 2 certificates in hand - success. I paid my money (€24.80 I think) and we left with a big smile on our faces.

I'll talk about markets in a later post, for this one we were on our way to the garage to give them copies of the certificates and they could then get the car taxed.

A couple of hours later I received a phone call from the garage with bad news, the certificates had not been accepted by the traffica - they were wrong, there was no date on them saying when we were first registered on the padron - we would need at least 1 more trip to Pulpi to sort it out.

Are we ever going to get this car?

Link to Pulpi Council website http://www.pulpi.es/

1 comment:

Spanish Owner said...

In the words of victor Meldrew "I don't BE...LIEEEEVE IT" !!!

Jacqui, I think we'll stay living in a place we know.

They certainly don't make life easy there. do they ?

Well, our case are packed. We hope we don't get lost finding you on 17th. Not long now.

Bye... Janice

PS Had to register AGAIN, getting silly innit ?? (Thought it was going to be ok after my last posting when it accepted my post straight away).