The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday 9 June 2008

50 years young.



Last Thursday was my 50th birthday and this was a message our 15 month old granddaughter, Cadey, left on the patio table made from stones from the garden - isn't she a sweetie.


Neil had been worried about me being in Spain for my 50th, incase my birthday was a bit of a none event. I was happy to keep it low key, Craig, Jody & Cadey were here to share it and that was fine with me - but not Neil.

He arranged a surprise birthday party with 60 guests at Montesol, the local english bar. They put on a fabulous buffet meal, a disco and decorated the room with banners and balloons. I'm not sure how he managed to get so many people to come but everyone had a thoroughly good time and we finally got to bed at 3am (after returning to the villa and opening the champagne).

Thank you Neil, it was a brilliant surprise and a lovely evening.

I also received more cards through the post from England than normal and some e-cards as well - it was a lovely birthday.

We've now had our first invite to someone else's birthday party - a street party this Sunday.



No comments: