The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday 9 September 2009

Please, my brain hurts!

Well, 2 spanish classes in one morning after 8 weeks break - wow, that makes the brain cells work.

I have been continuing to use my Spanish each week by meeting one of my teachers for coffee once a week and 'chatting' about what we've done over the previous week in Spanish, otherwise I'd be starting from scratch. It's amazing how quickly you lose the ability to form sentences and go back to pointing at things and uttering single words. I know some of the others haven't looked at a book or practiced sinced we finished class at the end of June.

Our 'chats' in the bar have been viewed with interest by the local Spanish who must wonder at these 2 strange English 'mujeres' who insist on talking Spanish, with dictionaries and verb books close at hand, (that's me, not my teacher) - when it would be so much easier to just speak in English!

So, I now have a pile of homework to do and hopefully, the cooler weather will make it easier to get back into work mode.

Hasta luego, mis amigos!

1 comment:

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

I am catching up on you finally after being back at home from our reunion trip. I love the view of the house you chose. I can't wait to see the inside! What a thrill for you to realize this will be you new home.
Happy Anniversary! Ours will be on the 1st of Oct.
And the clouds picture from an earlier post was great! Good luck in your spanish classes. LL