The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday 8 September 2009

A good way to learn Spanish.

With a possible house move on the horizon we have to start thinking of the practicalities, such as packing. I remember being surprised in the UK that there were companies that supplied packs of cardboard boxes for moving things. Previously when I'd moved house I'd always had packing crates from the removal company.

I have a friend who has lived in Spain for several years, whose favourite saying is that 'everything you can get in the UK, you can get here in Spain'.

The trick is to Google in Spanish.

So, today's word is cardboard boxes - cajas de cartón - Googled, site found complete with option for English - job done!

This will be a good way to improve my spanish vocabulary beyond 'pan y leche' - bread & milk!

No comments: