The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday 22 April 2010

One more room, done.

It started as 4 white walls and a tiled floor.


It became a storage room for all the flat pack furniture for the kitchen and the bedrooms for a few weeks until we had built it all.

It became a storage room for all the golf gear and tool boxes for a few months until we had finished transforming the garage into a utility and store room.

Finally it has become the room it was always intended to be.

The Study.

I have a wonderful room with all my books around me. A room where I can listen to my music. A room where I can work on my Spanish homework. A room where I can spend time on the internet. I no longer have to sit amongst tool boxes, storage boxes or any other kind of boxes.


I have space.

There is a space chair so that if Neil wants to come and look at things on the internet with me, he can. More often than not there is one of the dogs on the spare chair, not Neil. Brandy loves to come and sit with me as I type away on the computer.


I look out of the window over the hot tub and down the valley. With the window open I can hear the various birds calling to each other.

It is a dream of a room in which to work.

It is another room - done.

4 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

It looks great - you have a lot of room for books now.

Spanish Owner said...

i love the J88 BOT number plate too.

Brindy said...

I had to leave my Audi A3 2L Sport behind - I wasn't leaving my number plate as well! There is only so much I will sacrifice!

Spanish Owner said...

Too true, Jacqui! We have a personalised plate for our UK car, it's J 4 CRW which I chose to celebrate our 25th (silver) anniversary when we also bought a silver metallic car. (Janice & Christopher Ronald White)

After a few years of running around with J 4 CRW the stupid 'powers that be' failed it on a MOT until we had new plates showing no gap between the J & the number 4 so now it's J4 CRW but it was always the correct size & totally legible unlike many we've seen which have been undersized so no one can read them at distance or even in ITALICS!!!!!!!