The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday 4 April 2010

26 holes dug, still a lot to do!

We haven’t been down to any more of the parades this weekend as we have been getting on with digging our holes and filling them in again, with cement. Unfortunately, after a day digging holes or lugging wheel barrows of cement down an incredibly steep slope we are too tired to get dressed for a night out.

This week we have managed to get both gates cemented in place and to get all the corner posts set with the supports. We have dug 26 holes, mixed several batches of cement and walked up and down the slopes more times than I care to remember. All I can say is my calf muscles are screaming at me and my bum should look good this summer!


This is the slope down to the double gate on the bottom level


And this gives you some idea how far below the level of the house, and the cement mixer, the gate isbut no, this isn’t the slope we carried it down, there is a longer but easier way downhonest. However, we are putting a 6 foot fence all the way down this slope to the gatenow, that should be REAL fun! A rope and a bucket of cementnow that conjures up the perfect scenario for something to go wrong. Needless to say, we are leaving that to the end of the fencing job.


This is the paddock area we are fencing in to keep the dogs safe, this is one level below the house and up at the far end is where the vegetable patch will be.

As we are working it’s difficult not to notice the lovely wild flowers that are starting to come through in the warm Spring sunshine. These are just a few photos I took while I was out walking the dogs around our land yesterday. I don’t know what any of them are, but they are really pretty.



It was getting late in the afternoon, about 7ish, when we walked and we seemed to be in Bunny rush hour as we walked through our Dingley Dell. Every step seemed to send another bunny scurrying from the undergrowth to its home.

I’m sure this is one of the Bunny entrances


Down here in Dingley Dell,


And here is one of the occupants, still on its way home but staying very still so as not to attract the attention of the dogs.



Oh, how love my dog walks!

2 comments:

Spanish Owner said...

Your photography is so good, it makes me want to treat myself to a really decent camera & learn how to use it. I worked for two years, after leaving school at 17, in a photographic lab developing & printing B&W & colour photographs & I SHOULD & COULD have learnt so much. The owner used to take wedding photographs & would have loved teaching me to use a decent camera, to have a basic knowledge. I missed out then but the new cameras are different anyway.

Brindy said...

The photos of the flowers were taken with my big camera - Canon EOS which Neil bought me a couple of years ago. I would love to be able o use it properly but I get good photos on the automatic setting, exceptfor night time - I really struggle with photos after dark. I also have a little camera, a Nikon Coolpix, which is helo together with selloptape and a rubber band but still takes good photos. Problem with using that one is that the card reader on my laptop doesn't work anymore so I have to download them onto Neil's laptop and dongle them across. I love the fact it is small enough for my handbag or pocket, I hate that it's so messy to download the photos!