The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday 24 February 2010

The Winds of Change

It's howling around the house tonight, gales of 45km an hour. It's been howling for several hours and is expected to continue for many more.

It's great for drying the bedding although I make sure everything is double pegged or it will end up dry but halfway down the Rambla.

As I walk round the corner of the house I am stopped in my tracks by the wind. The occasional lull allows me to continue. Even the dogs, as small as they are, struggle to walk far.

I remember last year we had strong winds in February, there were several times we didn't get to play golf because it was too windy.

It seemed to blow away winter and blow in summer, maybe this is what happens here and, once again, summer is just around the corner.

If only the wind would drop enough to let me walk around the corner!

4 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

"Great for drying sheets", but I'm sure it doesn't do a thing for your hairdo.

Brindy said...

Oh, so true.

Spanish Owner said...

Glad you're okay after last night's winds. Ida would be traumatised by so much 'BLO-ing' (private joke!)

Are your neighbours ok though?

Brindy said...

There seems to be very little damage after last night's gale force winds, fortunately.