The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Peace of mind.

You may remember not long after we moved into the new house I managed to lock us out. Well, I may not have admitted it was my fault, but it was me that closed the front door, the only door, without checking whether there were any keys on the inside. It resulted in Neil missing a days golf while we waited for the door man to break in for us.

Since then we have been asking if he could get us a lock that we could open even if there was a key in the other side. Because we have an offset lock, it has been difficult to find one and we have really, really tried, as I didn't want to do it again. Some of our friends had tried to make me feel better by saying 'oh, we all do it at some time' but trust me, I didn't feel any better. However, it did get us a guy to fit the fly screens and the door and window for the utility, so it wasn't altogether a bad thing.

We are still waiting for the big screens to go round the terrace and so we popped in yesterday, to see if they knew when they would be ready. We get a number of flies here when the sun is out, but also there are quite a few bees about as there are several beehives over the hill, and the bees are out after the almond blossom. It makes it a little annoying when we use the hot tub and if we wanted to eat out so we have decided to screen around the terrace.

Well, the screens won't be ready for another few weeks but they had finally got a lock for us to fit and it works brilliantly.

So, no more obsessive checking the inside of the door for keys before I close it, now all I have to compulsively check for is that I have my keys with me before I leave so I can get back in again!

No comments: