The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday 2 January 2010

Not a good way to start the New Year.

A few days ago, Neil woke early complaining of a sore throat. When he woke a couple of hours later he had a heavy head cold. Good wifey that I am, I drove down into town to get some stuff from the chemist, having described in my best spanish what was wrong with him and answering a few simple questions from the pharmacist.

€12 later I had some sachets of stuff to be diluted in water and taken after eating and a nasal spray.

So, day 1 was a streaming head cold, day 2 was fatigue and congestion.

Day 3 - was my day 1, yes, in true share and share a like - he had passed it on to me. Fortunately Neil was starting to feel a little better so it was his turn to look after me. Today is my day 2 - and I'm no longer unable to move without taking my box of tissues with me. It was just as well that there were plenty of sachets in the box as we are now both taking them, they look a lovely orange colour but the flavour couldn't be less orangey if it tried. It is best to have something sweet available to have immediately after drinking them - what an excuse to eat chocolate!

We were invited out for New Year's Eve but didn't go because Neil felt so unwell, and we haven't been out of the house since. So, the first few days of the new decade have passed us by in a bit of a blur. Hopefully, we'll both be over it in the next couple of days, in the meantime the dogs are taking themselves for walks and the days pass by with us realising just how much rubbish is on TV, despite having all the Sky programs to choose from. Remind me again why I pay so much every month to Sky!

1 comment:

Spanish Owner said...

Don't I know how you feel. I started with my head cold Christmas morning & now I've a dry tickly cough that is causing me distress, as often it's uncontrollable.

I have to suck throat sweets more often than I should. MUST buy more to bring out on Thursday.

Hope you feel much better soon.