The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Finally, I remembered my camera!

For a number of weeks I have been trying to remember to take my camera when I go into town, and finally - this morning, I remembered!

Velez-Rubio is surounded by mountains and can be seen well before we get there on the motorway, it takes about 15 minutes from our house, 10 minutes on the mountain road and 5 minutes on the motorway.


There is a lovely new roundabout and archway as you enter the town, and you can't see it from this photo - but there are fountains in the roundabout as well.

Where ever you walk around town, the mountains are always present.


This is actually the main street through the town. It is just wide enough for one car and when we first drove onto it we really felt that we shouldn't be there - but it really is the main road through town.


There are little squares and pedestrian areas all over, I love this one because of the fountains that come out of the floor, run down and then re-cycle the water through a series of grates. It isn't always working so I was pleased to see that we timed it right this morning.




All over town, there are lovely, quaint, cobbled streets:


And not all of them are wide enough for traffic:




But some are wide enough for 2-way traffic:



The Town Hall is in a lovely, big square which also has bars around where you can chill out with a coffee and watch the world go by:




And next to the Town Hall is the big church, which dominates the sky-line as you drive towards Velez.




The domes of the church can be seen from all over the town:



Tonight is the parade of the 3 Kings, a big celebration in Spain, and we are going back into town to watch it. It's going to be cold this evening so I dare say we will be popping into one or two of the bars for a drink and a warm through. Hopefully, I'll remember my camera again.
We just love walking around town, hopefully, you've enjoyed seeing a taste of were we now live.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks very nice, well done!