The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday 7 August 2009

They've forecast rain for Monday - Yippee!!!!!

I've checked the weather forecast today for the next week and there's a 100% chance of rain on Monday, 50% chance of rain on Tuesday and then back to dry but cloudy for the rest of the week with temperature dropping 5c to 27/28c

For the holiday makers due out this weekend I apologise, but for me - I'm looking forward to it.

The last couple of days I have been feeling unwell. Can't put my finger on what's wrong but generally feeling odd, my only way to explain it that I feel 'wobbly'

But I may have sussed out what it is. I recently gave up drinking Fanta Orange by the litre because of the number of calories I saw it contained. No problem, I'll drink fizzy water. Only I've never been a big water drinker and I think this has caused the problem. Headaches, shakiness, not sleeping - well, I decided it would be better not to play golf this morning and have spent the morning drinking isotonic drinks. And now I am definitely feeling better than I was. I don't feel as shaking and 'wobbly', my headaches gone after being there for 3 days and I actually feel as if I have some energy.

So, how many calories are there in these drinks? 250 per litre - so that's what I'll be drinking in future.

8 comments:

Spanish Owner said...

I couldn't drink agua con gas, far too gassy. It's definitely agua sin gas for me. Don't you like that one ?

Brindy said...

No, agua sin gas - well, I may as well drink water!

Spanish Owner said...

Dur, agua con gas is just water with fizz, so agua sin gas is plain water, yes.

I've accidentally bought carbonated water to take on the aircraft & was burping all the flight, I hated it. OK for tummy upsets I guess, just like Eno's liver salts. Yuk.

Brindy said...

Sorry, I do know, I was being facetious - buy the way, do you know what is special about the word facetious?

Spanish Owner said...

No, but I can't wait to find out.

I've just found this last comment from you, Jacqui, in the spam box on my server. I've noticed that (as I've subscribed to comments coming to me) they're going into the ruddy spam box on the ruddy server, grrr !! I CANNOT get them to come into where they should. Tell Brinkley it's the same with his site. (More grr). I keep telling Virgin mail you are NOT SPAM but it has decided, oh yes you both ARE !!!

At least I know these days about the location of my missing mails & check daily.

Guess you've got sunshine, well ... SO HAVE WE !!!

Enjoy your day.

Brindy said...

It contains all the vowels and in the correct order.

Anonymous said...

I think you came off the orange fanta and sugar to fast try to add lots of water with the fanta till you are more water then fanta. My husband was like that with coffee so I used to add decafe slowly so now he is on decafe only, you just cant stop thats why you was light headed, good look love your blog, sandra

Brindy said...

I think you're right Sandra, I'm fully on to Fanta Zero now, but I probably did make the change too quickly.

I'm glad you're enjoying my blog, I love writing it.