The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday 16 August 2009

Spanish Property Websites.

The area of Spain we are looking in does not have one Agent that dominates the market, there are lots of little ones handling a variety of properties from apartments to villas, country houses to new builds and ruins and land.

So, finding the names of the agents and their websites is quite laborious. There is one very good site to start this process - www.kyero.com the Spanish equivalent of Rightmove for houses for sale in Spain. The problem is, from what I understand, that the agents have to pay for each property they advertise on there so they only put a selection on, which means if you are seriously looking you need to search for the properties in the area you are interested in and then from the list, access all the websites for all the agents who are in those areas.

Then you have to make copious notes about what property you have seen with which agents. Also, properties can be marketed by several agents so sometimes you will find the same property listed on Kyero more than once, and often at different prices as the owners don't always tell all the agents when they have reduced the price. So we are now finding that agents will say to us that they need to check with the owners to see whether there has been any change to the price.

It's a good job I have plenty of time on my hands - I'm in for a long time on the internet.

2 comments:

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

so interesting, this real estate in spain and how it works. I can't wait to hear more and see pics of what you are looking at. Being near friends sounds good to me, so does something that does not require alot of WORK!!!

Spanish Owner said...

Just to say I'm reading this, Jacqui. I've been rather pre-occupied with other things to write my blog but I will tomorrow, though not much has happened really, it's quite boring.