The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday 20 May 2009

Where's our post going?

We have our post on re-direct from the UK so that anything that we have forgotten to change still gets to us. Also, we cannot have Sky in Spain (technically we can and do, along with many others), we have to play the game and have a UK address for Sky to send things to.

Well, the re-direct has worked absolutely fine since last May upto about March, then suddenly - nothing. We get the post that is sent direct to us here - but the stuff on re-direct.

After a few weeks I began to think that something wasn't right and of course Sky are advertising that they are sending out new viewing cards and we need to make sure ours gets to us so I rang the postal re-direct service in the UK who confirmed everything was still in place and there had been no changes to it.

So, I rang the sorting office where we used to live and they also confirmed that the re-direct was still in place and while I was on the phone the postman came back from his rounds and he confirmed that he knows to re-direct our post, there is a sheet of labels ready etc etc.

MOST STRANGE.

This was about 2 weeks ago and I have been waiting for something to arrive through the re-direct - but nothing. So, this morning I decided to go up to Pulpi to the Post Office (Oficina de Correos) and ask them if they were aware of any problems. I had a very nice chat with a very nice man who was very patient with me and my Spanish but who totally got what I was saying. (He was so nice, he actually said how good my Spanish was - I felt so proud of myself, I didn't use my dictionary once!) He wasn't aware of a problem but he suggested I would be better speaking with the postwoman, Victoria. He will tell her the gist of my problem and I'm going back to Pulpi on Thursday morning to see whether she has any clues where our post is going.

It's all very puzzling!

No comments: