The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday 1 May 2008

We’re taking what?

Well, I now have Neil at home full time and clearing the house is going to be much more difficult than I first thought with him around, basically anything I put in the skip he will be taking out, we were ditching our old stereo system with record deck and a whole box of 45's and 33's until Monday, Neil's first day off work - he started to look through the 45's - fatal, he ended up in the conservatory sorting through them, playing a lot of them and we are now keeping said stereo system and 45's! This is after I have been out and bought a new mini system to take with us (we used is Saturday night so I just had to buy it here.)

I did get to a point where I was ready to turn the key on the conservatory door, after listening to 9 minutes of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody on a 45! All I kept hearing was, hey, you'll remember this one - Simon Park orchestra, Eye Level - oh, it's going to be a long 2 weeks!
Neil suggested we use the mini system on the roof terrace and keep the other in the lounge, which is not a bad suggestion.

Over the last couple of days Neil has been packing boxes at an alarming rate. I daren’t put anything down or it ends up in a box, I had put some paperbacks to one side to pass on to friends as I’d read then and knew I wouldn’t read them again – came back from walking the dogs, they’ve been packed.

Today the house is really starting to look empty. The skip outside is starting to fill up, the patio furniture is packed and all the pictures are off the walls. The removal company have been in touch and are coming to collect all the furniture next Thursday, so we have a deadline to have it all completed. I hope they bring a big van, there seems to be so many boxes, I don’t think we’ve quite got the hang of this ‘down-sizing’ idea.

Once the furniture and boxes have gone next Thursday, we’ll have a few days before we leave for Spain. We’ll have somewhere to sleep, paper plates to eat from and plastic cutlery, so I am trying to arrange to have a few meals round with friends for the last few days, just so we can sit on a proper chair.

Looks like we could be having a few take-aways!

1 comment:

JaniceW said...

Hi Jacqui
Chris & I wish both you & Neil a great new life in Almeria, along with Brandy & Brinkley. We hope to stay in touch & maybe one day meet up, who knows.
Best wishes
Janice