The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday 24 August 2008

For my Dad.

The hardest thing about moving to Spain was leaving my Dad but he wanted us to go, he knew it would be good for my health and with todays technology, keeping in touch is so much easier. I rang Dad every couple of days from Spain to chat to him about our new adventure, what had happened, what we had achieved and what had gone wrong and he always seemed to enjoy hearing of our experiences so much.

When I came back to visit him in hospital he always wanted to know everything and he was always telling me when he thought it was time for me to go back home.

One of our reasons for choosing Spain for our new home, among many, is that it would only take a few hours to fly back if we needed to, and that was the case last week. I spoke with Dad on Thursday morning and flew back to be with him the same day. I could have a cup of coffee and a chat with Dad as we had done so many times over the last few years before Dad went to sleep for the last time.

When I started this blog I promised myself it would be a 'warts and all' record - well, this has to be the biggest 'wart' that I'll ever include.

Dad, I'll miss ringing you up to tell you of our new lives, but as I continue this blog over the months and years, it will be over a cup of coffee and it'll be my chats with you.

I'm so glad you got to see how happy we are in Spain, I know that was important to you.

The coffee cup is empty now so it's time to end this chat, but from now on this blog will always be written

For my Dad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacqui

My dear new friend, just HOW hard was that for you to write ? I'm sitting here so sad for you. Sending you all there a huge virtual cuddle, ok ?

Your dad will never be far from your thoughts & he'll be willing those golf balls to find those often elusive holes.

You will have so many memories (& not too many can say that) & I know you will treasure them.

Lots of love & our heartfelt sympathy.

Janice & Chris.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacqui
I often log on to see what you and your brinkley and brandy are up too - As you already know, your dad will always be with you, looking down on you in San Juan with pride.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacqui
I often log on to see what you, Brinkley and Brandy are up too.
Your dad will always be with you in your heart and head - from what you have described he knows too well life is for living and he wants you to live it to the fullest.
He will enjoy I am sure looking down on you in San Juan and thinking "wow what is Jacqui up too now"
Whilst this is a sad time, you will no doubt have some very happy memories.