The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday 17 March 2010

And the bags are packed.......

Tomorrow, Neil & I are flying back the UK for a very quick visit. We have Friday & Saturday in Sheffield to see some family and friends and then on Sunday drive down south to see my other brother and a very close friend before flying back from Luton on Monday.

It's still going to be too long to be away from the dogs although Lucy and her dog, Sophie, are coming through to stay at the house and look after them.

We have waited a long time for this winter to finish and just as the weather has taken a massive turn for the better we are leaving the country. Hopefully when we return, spring will be well and truly here and summer with arrive very soon.

It's almost a year since my last trip back to the UK and I am always surprised how more distanced from the feeling of belonging there each trip brings. Considering that I lived there for almost 50 years, it certainly doesn't feel like home anymore.

Spain is definitely my home now.

2 comments:

Spanish Owner said...

Safe trips, chat again soon.

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

i am sure you are having a great time. I hope you will post photos!! LL