The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday 6 March 2009

What do we look like?

Now, you'll know from previous posts that we are not averse to dressing up for an occasion BUT we do normally have some say in how we look.

Not long after we first arrived it was my 50th birthday and I remembered one of the ladies saying she would be watching how I coped with being 50 as it would be her 50th this year. Well, Tineka finally reached her 50th last week. She goes to the same spanish class we have with Amelia each week and Amelia thought it would be nice if we all stayed behind after class and had a group photo done, once we had manouvered Tinake away from class, to put on her birthday card. We all thought it was a nice idea too so we stayed.

But we didn't know she wanted to dress us all up.

We were amazed at the amount of stuff she brought out clothes, jewelry, flowers, scarves etc - but then the spanish are keen on costume parties and Amelia's flamenco dress is gorgeous, so I can understand her wanting to wear it.

It seemed that any thing went as long as it didn't match. I think I actually did OK in the end, maybe a red dress, blue scarf & orange earrings are not a combination I would have put together but at least by the time she got around to allocating my stuff to me she had run out of wigs - see, blonde is the wrong colour out here - apparently, so some of us had big flowers to hid the blonde and others had less than flattering wigs!

Still, it was a fun hour and I actually think the photo looks good - it looks like we were having fun, and we were and Tinake loved it.

And here we all are - the worrying thing is Amelia wanted us all to go down to one of the local spanish bars dressed like this - needless to say there weren't any takers.



Feliz cumpleaños, Tineka

No comments: