The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday 9 February 2009

Maybe it's time for mañana to arrive.

It's been over a year since I stopped work and retired very, very young. It's been over 6 months since we packed up our house and moved over here. Since arriving we have done very little other than relax, get used to retirement and enjoy ourselves. We've made a few good friends, had a few drives around the area and I've managed to complete the Professor Layton & the Curious Village Nintendo DS game.

Apart from registering on the padron which we had to do to buy the car....we have done zilch!

Once Christmas & New Year were out of the way I really began to feel I ought to be doing something. OK, so I am still working hard at my Spanish and I'm starting to see lots of progress but what about the important things like...

... isn't it time we registered with a doctor out here - and then a little thought trickles through my mind about what happens to our medical records from the UK, where will they be?

... isn't it time we started to look at our residency situation....... at the moment we aren't really residents of either country - and we need to belong somewhere. We will always be UK citizens but residency is a different thing.

... and isn't it time I sorted the dogs microchip details out so that if they did go missing they would be returned to us here in Spain and not shipped back to Sheffield.

While there will always be tomorrow and we have embraced the spanish attitude with open arms - maybe it's time I stopped being on holiday and started living here.

Well, I'll have a think about it....... mañana!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

must admit i find your blog very good and real life.I have an apartment in aguilas and want to immerse more and know more about the local area.I dont get over as much as I wud like so your blog is a good way to update myself on the general goins on.wud hope to live over there eventually as i love the area.am intersested if u find a good doctor u can reccomend.let us know how u get on!regards .eamon