The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday 19 November 2008

And Great Aunty Gladys came to stay - but not with us

And she's not our Great Aunty Gladys but by the time she had been here a few days I think the whole of Terreros had adopted her.


Great Aunty Gladys belongs to our friend Lucy. She lives in Vancouver (Great Aunty Gladys - not Lucy) and even before she had arrived, the stories we had heard about her had us looking forward to meeting her.


So, our last trip to the airport was to collect, among others, Great Aunty Gladys - born in Darlington in 1925 - the lady we met at the airport looked many years younger than her 80+ years. I immediately warmed to this gentile lady who, I would soon discover, had a little impish streak with some of her little stories she told.


We met her a couple of times in the first few days and I decided I wanted to know more about her and so, I asked if she would like to meet up for a coffee and tell me a little of her story - and over the next couple of days I'll share it with you.


For now, let me introduce you to Great Aunty Gladys.


No comments: