The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday 14 July 2012

Tell Me Again.......Why did we move back?

It is no wonder that this is a question I am getting asked almost daily in a year when we have had the most rainfall in any month, every month.

My husband enjoyed over 2 years of sunny golf and the current UK weather is doing nothing to make him feel that moving back was the right thing to do .... for him.

Me? I have no problem with the rain, the cooler temperatures and the constant moaning of people about 'when will our summer start?'

For me, I have the comfort of familiar surroundings, of friends and family in my life and in routines that make me feel each day has a purpose. I can deal with the rain.

As I look out of the window I see white fluffy clouds against deep blue skies and relish the thought of walking the dogs without the intense heat making every step a struggle for both me and the dogs. I relish the idea that I can get through the summer months without hibernating in hours of daylight, unable to move more than 10 metres from the air con units and I relish the fact that I have a lovely home that I am happy to spend time in when the weather isn't good, that I do not feel the need to spend every minute of every day outdoors.

I feel for my hubby and his wet golf but I am still very happy to be back in the UK.

Sorry sweetheart!

No comments: