The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday 2 May 2010

Quick update on the 'bang on the head'.

Firstly, thank you to everyone who has shown such concern over my little misfortune with the lump hammer, I am pleased to report the lump hammer is fine and has been back at work today.

As for my head, well, I do consider myself to have got off very lightly. After a couple of days rest I have been able to resume fencing duties. Apart from localised pain if I touch the top of my head, which I try not to do, I have no apparent after effects at all. I am still unable to brush my hair properly and I will probably have to deal with a twin crown from now on, but overall I count myself incredibly lucky to have had such little discomfort from what could have been quite a nasty accident.

The real casualty in all of this are my work gloves, they have not recovered from being washed to remove the blood and are, sadly, destined for the bin.

I consider it a small price to pay!

6 comments:

Spanish Owner said...

Glad you're fine enough to resume work duties. personally I'd have feigned a bad headache & put my feet up longer but you're a grafter.

How do I receive notification of your new posts as I rely on just checking it from my own blog.

Brindy said...

Hi, If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will find a Subscribe to Posts (Atom) link. Click on this and it will automatically notify you when I post a new entry. I've tried to get this at the top of the page on the side bar but for some reason it won't let me move it.

Spanish Owner said...

I tried that but it asked me to save it & showed the folders on my dsktop!!! Confused me.

Also why I'm showing twice with different avatars as a follower I don't know. Trust me to cock it up.

Travel & Dive Girl said...

I'm glad to hear that you are o.k. I've had a few mishaps like that in the past - your head will heal, but your pride might take awhile...*smiles*

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

jacqui! You are so lucky to not have it worse. I am glad it is going to be okay. I LOVED the stories about the dogs and rabbits.
with so much construction going on around here, we have been lucky, no misshaps. a good bask in the sun will cure it all I think! LL

Brindy said...

Today I managed to brush my hair properly for the first time. Now I can do my hair properly again, I consider the drama to be over and just a story to dine out on occasionally.