The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday 15 April 2009

I have my first cold since moving to Spain!

Back in the UK there would be several times each year when I would be downing the lemsips, clutching the tissue box with eyes and nose streaming. In winter this could last weeks.

But, since being in Spain we've had none of this. Whether it is the outdoor living, the warmer weather or the better diet, who knows.

But, over the last week I have had defininte signs that I was coming down with a cold and this morning it's finally arrived. And where have I caught this from?

England!

Yes, my friend Lucy went back for a visit and kindly brought it back with her.

Thanks Lucy.

There are few things I miss from the UK, but one is Mansize Tissues, you cannot get them over here - and they would be really useful today, when you have a streaming cold, these piddly little tissues are neither use nor ornament!

2 comments:

Spanish Owner said...

Oh poor you, Jacqui & you weren't great with your arthritis either, were you ?

Hope you'll feel brighter soon.

xx

Brindy said...

Yes, I had a bad week with my arthritis last week, mainly because I haven't been resting as I know I should. Fortunately, some anti-inflammatories, a day of rest followed by a round of golf has settled it down so my head doesn't feel like it's going to explode anymore. The action of swinging a golf club is just right for loosening up the top of my spine where the problem is - seems odd but it works for me.

Back on the golf course later today!