The story of our move to Andalucia .... and our move back to the UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday 3 September 2008

Let me share my morning walk with the pups with you......

For my friends in Sheffield.

Throughout the summer it has been important to get up early to walk the pups before the sun comes over the mountains that surround San Juan because of the heat, but now the sun is rising later and the temperatures are cooling so we can stay in bed a little longer.

Having recently been in Sheffield with cold, damp, grey days (sorry Sheffield, summer just didn't happen for you this year - did it?) I have enjoyed being back in the Spanish sun.....

BUT....

This morning was special.

The pups got me up about 6.30am and it was still dark. By the time I was washed and dressed daylight was just visible through the shutters, so I rattled their leads and the pups came running in with their tails wagging so hard the little backsides couldn't sit down long enough for me to put their collars on - they love their walks, every day for them is an adventure.

We always walk through the development towards the mountains, where there are twin peaks and this morning, the merest sliver of a crescent moon was shining from between the two hill tops, it looked posed as if ready for a film-set'. As we walked up the hill at the side of the apartments I turned to look out to sea. We are high up above the villas, bars and beach front here and I had a wonderful panaromic view over San Juan, the lights were still on along the promenade and everything was peaceful apart from the odd cockrel crowing. Idyllic doesn't start to describe it! It's daybreak, the glow of the sun is giving backlight to the craggy mountains, it's beautifully warm with a gentle sea breeze and I can sit and gaze across a still sleeping town out to a gently lapping mediterranean sea - and there are no other people about, no cars to break the peace - not yet.

You cannot help but feel good on a morning like this, with 2 of the most adorable puppies so happy to be out with you.

As I walked back to our villa one thought entered my head - not just that this is San Juan de los Terreros, but that this is MY San Juan de los Terreros - and no matter how bad a day you have or how many problems you have, a moment like this to start the day cannot fail to lift your spirits for the challenges ahead.

I hope I never lose the wonder of where we now live, the early mornings are truly magical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

San Juan is truely a magical place, you have described it beautifully.
We have one life and you are clearly enjoying your's - may this continue for a long time to come.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your log.